Careers @ MMD
MMD Careers - United Kingdom
Electrical Engineer (Industrial/Mining)
MMD supply heavy duty Mining Equipment to the global Mines and Quarries market.
The Company is synonymous with its range of Mineral Sizing equipment. The group has its design offices in Derbyshire, but has satellite offices worldwide. We seek to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer to work primarily in our design offices, but the requirement to spend time abroad is integral to the position.
The primary role will include;
- Design of electrical and automated systems for heavy mobile mining machinery.
- Specification of process Control requirements and components.
- Product selection for systems equipment.
- Generation of electrical specifications.
- Supervision of installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Production of Engineering Drawings including P & ID's, Logic flow, Single Line, etc.
- Technical Support to our satellite network, and other departments within the group.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience in a senior role involving similar expertise to our requirements. A particular knowledge and expertise in motors and their control systems is advantageous, as is the knowledge of 'state of the art' technologies in this field. MMD also have a particular interest in energy efficiency in order to promote the development of our 'Green Mining' technology.
The position is permanent and will be nominally 40 hours per week. MMD undertake to offer a very competitive salary/package including pension and medical health insurance, to the right candidate dependent upon their background and experience. The person will report to the MD Group Head of Engineering.
Written applications with CV are invited from persons meeting our criteria. Please write to;