Careers @ MMD
Electrical Engineer (Industrial/Mining)
MMD supply heavy duty Mining Equipment to the global Mines and Quarries market.
The Company is synonymous with its range of Mineral Sizing equipment. The group has its design offices in Derbyshire, but has satellite offices worldwide. We seek to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer to work primarily in our design offices, but the requirement to spend time abroad is integral to the position.
The primary role will include;
• Design of electrical and automated systems for heavy mobile mining machinery.
• Specification of process Control requirements and components.
• Product selection for systems equipment.
• Generation of electrical specifications.
• Supervision of installation and commissioning of equipment.
• Production of Engineering Drawings including P & ID’s, Logic flow, Single Line, etc.
• Technical Support to our satellite network, and other departments within the group.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience in a senior role involving similar expertise to our requirements. A particular knowledge and expertise in motors and their control systems is advantageous, as is the knowledge of ‘state of the art’ technologies in this field. MMD also have a particular interest in energy efficiency in order to promote the development of our ‘Green Mining’ technology.
The position is permanent, and will be nominally 40 hours per week. MMD undertake to offer a very competitive salary/package to the right candidate, dependent upon their background and experience. The person will report to the Technical Director.
Written applications with CV are invited from persons meeting our criteria. Please write to;
Experienced Mechanical Engineer
To work with our team in the technical headquarters for the MMD Group on design and development of mining machinery. An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious experienced engineer with approximately 4 years + experience in this field with appropriate Mechanical Engineering qualifications. Experience in CAD and SolidWorks is advantageous. A flexible attitude and a willingness to travel internationally if required is essential.
Salary commensurate with experience. Circa £37,500 - £40,000.
Please apply in writing with CV to :